I don’t know about you but it always seems to me that New Years Day is a day of reflection. What did I do the previous year that I set out to do? Though I really don’t do the whole New Year’s Resolution thing anymore frankly because putting my goals in that light seems to always set me up to fail. However what I think about most on New Years is it is the hope for a new beginning. A clean slate to better myself and to draw even closer to God. So I thought I would give you a few ideas to do just that.
- Spend the day with a prayerful mind and spirit: What is it that God is putting in your heart? Maybe it is working less and focusing on your family more. Or how about supporting a missionary family? The main thing is to keep your heart and mind open so that you can hear what it is God wants from you.
- While it is still fresh on your mind plan out a rough draft of your goal: My goal last year was to make more time for myself so that I could blog more. So I started out small 30 mins a day. I then just built it up little bit by little bit till I was able to not only blog on my own little corner of the internet world. I could even make time to blog for other great bloggers. This in turn is helping reach others in their walk with Christ. Do the same with the goal God sets on your heart. Then watch it grow into something amazing.
- Set a little time daily to talk with God: On New Years Day I put away my previous prayer journal and I start my new prayer journal. It is just like the New Year blank and ready to be filled with all the amazement, trails and triumphs the New Year is going to bring. I also enjoy looking at the previous years journal entries to see just how far my family and I came with God’s help. Having a prayer journal also helps you remember to make time for just you and God.
- Keep your eye on the price: All through this new year you will face trials and temptations. After all you allowed God to help you pick the goals for this year. Trust in the vision of your goal. Know that as long as you are doing God’s will you will succeed and don’t let anything crush that knowledge. Cling to your Savior!!
I Pray that each one of you reading this will have a great successful 2014 as you make this year all about the King. That you will grow closer to God and develop a relationship to Him like none other. I hope that you enjoy the journey that God puts you on this year and that through this journey you learn to rely on Him solely and completely. Know that you are not alone and that above all you are loved.
Bridget is a blogger over at Becoming A Godly Wife. There she shares her journey has a help met to her soul mate of 13 years, mother of their 4 children and child of God. You can also find her on FB , Twitter and Pinterest .
Latest posts by Rosilind (see all)
- 3 Things You Need To Know About Failure - January 23, 2017
- Failure Is Not Your Identity – Free Inspirational Wall Art - January 20, 2017
- The Ephesians Experience - January 16, 2017