They say that the biggest battle we face in life is in our mind.
Actually, the medical community even recognizes this. What we choose to dwell on can affect how our brain cells produce neurotransmitters that interact with our hormones…and all of this can either positively or negatively affect our health.
This is why it is imperative for us to do what Paul urged and renew our mind.
Not one of us has arrived at this stage of life without somehow being negatively impacted by something. Maybe a playground bully or snobbish “Nellie Oleson” in our neighborhood who constantly reminded us that we were lower class. Maybe it was our dad, for whom nothing would ever be good enough and we’d never amount to anything. Or maybe it was a mean 3rd grade teacher who openly made fun our wrong answers.
For some it happens in adulthood: a spouse who cheats on us, leaving us vulnerable to voices that say that we didn’t measure up. We were not a good enough wife or mother….or lover. There was someone else who was better and deserved our husband’s attention.
Maybe a husband who abused us physically, psychologically or sexually. The negative voices from abuse go deep and take years to untangle from our minds.
Not only do these voices have powerfully negative affect on how we perceive ourselves and how God perceives us, but they will eventually take toll on our physical and spiritual well being.
God never meant for us to live as victims, but as victors!
And God’s Word can do what no shrink can do!
This month I have chosen 30 Bible verses that have to do with our mind, thoughts, and renewing the mind. During the month of April we will read these verses and meditate on these verses and pray over them until they sink deep into our spirit and begin to undo the enemy’s voices in our head, replacing them with His Word!
If you have signed up to receive emails from me, then you’ve already received this new printable pack.
If you haven’t yet, this is what you’ll receive from me in your inbox:
* Notifications every time a new article is posted on A Little R & R
* Exclusive content that you will never see here on the blog
* Occasionally notifications of offers that are just too good to pass up
* A monthly newsletter, giving you the inside scoop on what is coming up at A Little R & R
* A completely free 30 Day Prayer Challenge printable pack each month
This prayer challenge can now be found in my store: 30 Day Prayer Challenge for Renewing Your Mind
Latest posts by Rosilind (see all)
- 3 Things You Need To Know About Failure - January 23, 2017
- Failure Is Not Your Identity – Free Inspirational Wall Art - January 20, 2017
- The Ephesians Experience - January 16, 2017