Prayer has always been one of the Christian disciplines I’ve struggled with most.
I have a great propensity to over-complicate very simple things, and prayer is definitely an area of my life I’ve made more complicated than I should have.
I take great comfort in my struggle with prayer, because as we read the gospels we see that even the disciples struggled in this very important area of their faith.
In Luke 11 the disciples came to Jesus and said, “Lord, teach us to pray, as John also taught his disciples.”
Jesus’ response to them wasn’t to preach a 5-hour sermon on prayer with all it’s nuances. Jesus simply gave them a formula to follow.
It’s called The Lord’s Prayer, but what it really should be called is, “The Disciples Prayer”, because this isn’t a prayer Jesus actually prayed. The Lord’s Prayer is really a prayer formula that Jesus gave His disciples.
In fact, The Lord’s Prayer isn’t a rote prayer, it is a mini-course in how to pray!
To help make it even easier, I put together a simple journal called “Pray Through the Lord’s Prayer” with sections for each part of The Lord’s Prayer. This kept me organized and helped me not to forget the people for whom I had promised to pray.
Earlier this year I held a short study based on this journal that is available in my store.
But I have great news!
I have created a Bible study on prayer!
In the 7 Days to a Better Prayer Life Bible study you will receive:
- The Pray Through the Lord’s Prayer Workbook with additional worksheets
- Access to a private Facebook Group where you can discuss the study and share prayer needs
- 7 Video lessons that expound on each area of The Lord’s Prayer
This Bible Study is available for personal study or for group studies!
Find out more information below!
Latest posts by Rosilind (see all)
- 5 Ways to Help Your Child Grieve - May 26, 2017
- 3 Ways To Take Your Grief To the War Room - May 25, 2017
- Galatians 5 – Two Types of Bondage and True Freedom - May 24, 2017