Do you know who you are in Christ?
Not intellectually, but deep in your heart that gives you a confidence in knowing that your past doesn’t hold you back
your failures don’t make your stomach sink
old hurts don’t keep you bound to bitter feelings
little fumbles don’t make you call yourself names.
Is your identity in Christ this firm? This rooted?
As I read an advanced copy of the book Charis – The Power of Grace, I was so impacted by the fact that while I have grown in this area, I still have so much farther to go.
The fact that I can live totally free from the guilt of my past mistakes and failures
The fact that I can live totally free from the pain of the wrong things people have done to me
The fact that I can live completely free from the negative dialogue in my mind
Maybe that sounds too good to be true, but in his third volume of The Freedom Series, Dr. Hackett (who also happens to be my dad) packs a ton of scripture to show that this life is real! You can visit his blog: Foundational
It is entire possible to live this free!
It’s all about renewing our mind so that it no longer travels in the deeply rutted road of old hurts, old pain, old mistakes, old failures…
but starts making new tracks on a new road because we are a new creation with a new identity, a new heritage, a new family, a new last name – and all of that newness is centered in Jesus Christ!
As I finished the final sentence in the last chapter, I knew that this book had to be our next book study in the Daily Christian Living Facebook group.
It really piggy-back’s well on our November-December Made to Crave book club…taking it to the next level.
Change from the inside out….deep, deep inside so that we live with confidence, joy, and……grace!
Receiving abundant grace to forgive ourselves, giving abundant grace to others through forgiveness.
The power of grace is stronger than you think, and that is what you will discover in this amazing book: Charis- The Power of Grace.
Do you want to join us?
Here is what you’ll need:
- The Book. Paperback or Kindle on Amazon, or in PDF at Foundational – my dad’s blog.
- A Notebook. Trust me, you’ll want to take notes, you’ll want to journal. Plus, I’ll be asking questions in the book and giving assignments.
- Join the Facebook Group. The book study will take place in the Daily Christian Living Facebook Group. I will be making the group closed so that all of our comments in the group remain private.
Pre-order the book now and get ready to embrace who you are in Jesus Christ!
Latest posts by Rosilind (see all)
- Failure Is Not Your Identity – Free Inspirational Wall Art - January 20, 2017
- The Ephesians Experience - January 16, 2017
- 10 Bible Verses About Your Identity in Christ For Your War Room - January 13, 2017