I don’t know about you, but even at 40+ years old, Christmas Eve still still a magical day. It’s like I am a kid all over again, looking at the pretty tree with wonder and anticipation…and just enjoying being with my family.
Here are 5 of my all-time favorite Christmas Eve traditions.
We don’t do all of these at my house….yet, but the ones we don’t do yet, we will as the kids grow.
1. Go Christmas caroling. I remember doing this every year growing up. No matter where we lived, our neighbors would be caroled by us every Christmas Eve. We were a musical family, so we’d plan ahead of time what we’d sing at each house and then my sister and I would add the harmonies. It was a lot of fun, and helped to connect us to our neighbors.
2. Go look at Christmas lights. Already my kids are completely mesmerized as we drive through town and see homes and businesses lit up with pretty, twinkling lights. They yell out, “Mommy, look! Christmas!!” and I hope I never lose that simplicity in my own heart…that childlike joy and wonder. Take some time and drive through town as a family on Christmas Eve and look at all the pretty homes lit up for Christmas. It will make the day so special!
3. Open pajamas. Every year our kids get new P.Js. We aren’t as creative as some families who buy matching pajamas for the whole family, we just buy them for the kids and then they wear them to bed that night. It gives them a gift to open Christmas Eve, and makes going to bed in new P.Js so much fun!
4. Hide the Stockings. I remember my parents doing this every year. After they filled each others’ stockings, they would hide it some place and then on Christmas morning they played “Hot and Cold”. We loved this – we would skip along after them, giggling and trying to guess where the stocking was.
5. Camp out under the Christmas tree. I can’t wait to do this with my kids. Why not? You wont get any sleep anyway, so you might as well grab the blankets and pillows and have a family slumber party under the tree and make it a fun tradition!
This feature will be back after the holidays.
Were you featured? Feel free to grab this button and tell the world!
Now for the party!!!!!
Starting this week, this party will run from 8pm Tuesday night through 4am Friday morning EST
1. Link up as many posts as you’d like (even giveaways!)
2. Link up old posts you wish would have received more attention!
3. Link back to A Little R & R
4. The party runs through next Tuesday evening! So have FUN!
Latest posts by Rosilind (see all)
- How I Became a Bible Study Blogger….and you can, too - October 26, 2016
- Are You Forgetting This When You Pray? - October 19, 2016
- 10 Steps to an Effective Quiet Time - October 17, 2016