Now we’ve come to the room that probably takes the most work.
I don’t know what your house is like, but in our house the living room and dining room share the same space. This room is, by far, the most lived in space. We eat here, play here, work here, relax here, do school here…everything happens in this room besides sleep.
The thing is this: it is so easy to grow used to seeing clutter. In fact, we grow so accustomed to it that we don’t even see it any longer. But others do when they come to visit.
Here are 7 ways to start organizing living areas in your home.
1. Put everything that doesn’t belong on the table. Walk around the room and grab anything that is where it doesn’t belong and pile it on the table. You may need to do a walk around several times. You can even get your kids involved.
2. Sort through CDs, DVDs, and books. Take them all off the shelves. Wipe down each shelf and before you replace them, sort through them. Put back what you want to keep, and place what you don’t want to keep on the table.
3. Take all your nic-nacks and pictures off of the shelves and end tables. Wipe down he shelves and tables. Wipe down and put back only the nic-nacks and pictures you truly want out. The rest of them go on the table.
4. Take your throws and pillows and put them in the wash, then wipe down all of your furniture.
5. Wipe down your hanging pictures
6. Remove your window coverings and either launder or send them to be dry cleaned. Wipe down your blinds and then wash your windows in and out. Don’t forget to wipe down your window frames.
7. Sort through the items on your table. Toss what is garbage, find a home for what you intend to save, and then give to charity what is left over.
Now that your whole home is spring cleaned, next week we will look at ways we can maintain our homes each week. Plus, we’ll look at often overlooked trouble spots and how we can remember to keep them under control.
If you need to catch up on the other spring cleaning posts, go here.
Latest posts by Rosilind (see all)
- How I Became a Bible Study Blogger….and you can, too - October 26, 2016
- Are You Forgetting This When You Pray? - October 19, 2016
- 10 Steps to an Effective Quiet Time - October 17, 2016