I’ll admit, the room I hate cleaning most is the bathroom. I actually clean it on Mondays so I can get it done and over with. (Disclaimer: I do maintain it during the week, though….I have boys….)
But, being the dichotomy I am at times, I also cannot abide a nasty, smelly bathroom.
An unmaintained bathroom is one of my big pet peeves. I can get over a cluttery house and over look a messy kitchen, but a bathroom that is obviously not cared for properly – in my books – is simply not acceptable.
So, it’s time to get our cleaning rags, mop buckets and attack this room where germs love to hang out!
1. Pull everything out of the cabinets and drawers. Toss away expired meds, make-up, gels, and any other hygiene products. Clean your brushes and combs. Clean your make up brushes and sponges.
2. Wipe down the cabinets and drawers inside and out. Before you put anything back, sort through everything and determine what you plan to keep or what needs to be tossed or go to charity.
3. Clean your machines. This is actually something that should be done at least once a week. Clean out your lint holds. Sometimes we forget to check the link holds and it can really pile up, making our machines work harder and less efficient. Also, clean the detergent dispenser on your wash machine. It can get build up that makes it gross.
4. Do a thorough deep clean. Grab the cleanser and scour the tub, sink and toilet bowl. Wipe down the toilet and fixtures. Hint: Use baby oil on your fixtures to make them shine and repel water. Clean the mirrors. Sweep and mop the floor. Take the rugs and throw them in the washer.
Step back and admire your clean, clean bathroom!
If your shower head is spraying in odd directions or if some of the holes are plugged, fill a baggie with straight white vinegar and then attach it to the shower head with a rubber band, making sure that the shower head is full immersed in the vinegar. Leave it like that over night and in the morning your shower head should work properly.
If you need to catch up on the other spring cleaning posts, go here.
Latest posts by Rosilind (see all)
- How I Became a Bible Study Blogger….and you can, too - October 26, 2016
- Are You Forgetting This When You Pray? - October 19, 2016
- 10 Steps to an Effective Quiet Time - October 17, 2016