Several weeks ago I asked members of the Daily Christian Living Facebook Group what new 30 Day Prayer Challenges they’d like to see.
Overwhelmingly they said: Spiritual Warfare.
Somehow I knew that would be their answer.
You see, without a doubt we are living in a time when evil is pressing in all around us.
We are fighting a moral battle like never before: whether it is exposing our children to transgendering individuals or to the gay agenda that could potentially be exposed in your children’s favorite cartoons….
whether we’re talking about churches caving to the LGBT pressure or our own christian heroes who have fallen morally.
The question is: do we have the strength to stand in the evil day.
Not on our own we don’t!
If for even a moment we think we can stand in our own strength we’ve already begun to loose the battle.
The only way we can stand in the face of this kind of evil, and the only way we will combat the enemy and push him back, is in the strength of Jesus Christ.
More than ever before we need to learn how to battle in prayer.
More than ever before we need to learn to tap into the power and strength of the Holy Spirit as we pray effectual and fervent prayers!
That is also the reason why on Monday I will be starting a 2-month series on Elements of Bible Study
We will examine
- How to Read Your Bible
- How Studying the Bible Differs From Reading the Bible
- 5 Ways to Pray Effectively
- 4 Tips For Memorizing Scripture
- How Eastern Meditation Differs from Biblical Meditation
- 2 Things You Need to Know About Worship
We need the strength and grace of God to stand in these evil times, and that strength and grace can only come as we invest in our relationship with Him.
As we sit in His presence and allow His Holy Spirit to invade every area of our life.
Leaving no corner untouched.
I pray that this prayer challenge will encourage, challenge, and spur you on to go deeper in prayer, much deeper!
This 30 Day Prayer challenge is now available in my store, along with all my past prayer challenges. You can find them here: 30 Day Prayer Challenge for Spiritual Warfare
- Rosilind, a Pacific Northwest native, is a missionary living in Croatia and married to her hero. Together they live in the country with their 2 active boys where she enjoys fruity candles and a hot cup of herbal tea on a blustery fall evening. She holds an Associates of Practical Theology and is passionate about discipling and encouraging women. Her passion for writing led her to author a number of books. She is the author of A Little R & R where she encourages women to find contentment in what God created them to be. She can also be found at these other places on a regular basis. You can follow her on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Google +.