In March of 2016, after seeing the movie War Room, I looked around my house trying to find even a small corner that I could call my war room.
After coming up empty handed, I came up with a great idea!
I would make my war room a journal.
Not only was creating a war room journal more practical for me, I could take with me anywhere, I could let it grow with me as I grew in my prayer life.
It wasn’t long before I realized that many other people were creating war room journals as well.
Some of them elaborate.
Some of them simple, like mine.
I love the idea of a war room journal, because it’s a great place to write out our prayers.
Writing out our prayers is a great form of prayer, because it forces us to slow down and really think about our prayers as we’re writing.
With Thanksgiving only a few weeks away, here are 20 Thanksgiving journal prompts for your war room.
1. A prayer of thanksgiving for something you’ve been blessed by lately.
2. A prayer of thanksgiving for your church.
3. Write out your favorite verse, and then use that verse to write out a prayer.
4. A prayer about something you feel is lacking in your spiritual life, and thank God that He is completing a good work in you.
5. A prayer of thanks for who God is – use a specific name of God.
6. A prayer of thanksgiving and blessing for your neighbors.
7. A prayer of confession, and then thankfulness for God’s forgiveness.
8. A list of worries, and then thankfulness that we can cast all our cares on Him.
9. A prayer of thanksgiving for your spouse.
10. A prayer of thanksgiving for someone in your life.
11. A prayer for your needs, and then thanksgiving for God’s provision.
12. A prayer of thanksgiving for a missionary.
13. A prayer of blessing for someone with whom you do not get along.
14. A prayer about a spiritual battle you are having, and then thanksgiving that God has won the battle.
15. A prayer of thanksgiving for your favorite memory.
16. A prayer of thanksgiving to God for all you have.
17. Your Bible character, and a prayer of thanksgiving for how they have helped to influence your life.
18. A prayer of thanksgiving for your governmental leaders.
19. A prayer of thanksgiving for something in your life you cannot change.
20. Your favorite worship song.
Check out these printable Thanksgiving War Room Journal prompts by clicking the image below:
Check out my other resources for Thanksgiving!
Latest posts by Rosilind (see all)
- 5 Ideas For When a War Room Isn’t Your Thing - February 14, 2018
- 7 Prayers Every Christian Should Pray - February 12, 2018
- Can a Woman Biblically Teach or Preach in the Church? - February 10, 2018