Over the past 15 years I have worked at leaving my past behind and walking in my new identity in Christ.
One thing that has been critical to this journey is surrounding myself with verses about what God says about me and my new identity in Him.
The Bible is filled from cover to cover with verses about who we are in Christ and about the fact that
- God’s thoughts about us are numerous
- God’s plans for us are prosperous
- God’s redemption of us gave us new life
- God’s sacrifice secured us in His family
And these verses line my war room wall (part of it is now located in my pantry and the other part in my journal), to remind myself of what God says about me in those times when the enemy wants to remind me of my past.
And when he reminds me of my past, I remind myself of what God’s Word says because that’s even better that reminding him of his future.
It’s better because instead of being focused on the enemy:
I turn my focus immediately to God’s Word.
I fill my mind with Scripture.
I replace the lying thought with Biblical truth.
I catapult myself out of negativity into victory!
Here are 10 Bible verses about your identity in Christ
John 15:15 – “No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I heard from My Father I have made known to you.”
Isaiah 49:16 – “See, I have inscribed you on the palms of My hands;“
Romans 6:6 – “Knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin.”
2 Corinthians 5:17 – “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.”
Ephesians 4:24 – “Put on the new man which was created according to God, in true righteousness and holiness.”
1 Peter 2:9 – “But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light;”
Psalm 139:14 – “I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; marvelous are Your works, and that my soul knows very well.”
Galatians 2:20 – “I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.”
Philippians 3:20 – “For our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly wait for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ.”
Colossians 3:1-3 – “If then you were raised with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ is, sitting at the right hand of God. Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth. For you died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God.”
You can download these Bible verse cards for your war room wall, too!
Just type your email in below and they will be delivered to your inbox.
Read more about our identity in Christ here:
- Rosilind, a Pacific Northwest native, is a missionary living in Croatia and married to her hero. Together they live in the country with their 2 active boys where she enjoys fruity candles and a hot cup of herbal tea on a blustery fall evening. She holds an Associates of Practical Theology and is passionate about discipling and encouraging women. Her passion for writing led her to author a number of books. She is the author of A Little R & R where she encourages women to find contentment in what God created them to be. She can also be found at these other places on a regular basis. You can follow her on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Google +.
- Christian Living2018.07.183 Ways to Respond When You’re Under Attack
- Christian Living2018.07.163 Reasons Why You Should Read the Bible Every Day
- War Room Resources2018.07.118 War Room Verses For When You Don’t Feel Good Enough
- Christian Living2018.07.046 Fundamental Things Christians Should Treasure