Joy is a battle.
Everyday the enemy strategizes ways to steal our joy. He doesn’t want us living in joy of the Lord, because a joyful Christian is a very dangerous person!
A Christian who daily walks in joy is a Christian whose very countenance testifies of Christ’s love for us.
The power of the Word of God to change us from the inside out is a power unlike any other.
Affirmations that are founded on scripture
have absolutely no power to bring lasting change that will bring healing and stability to our body and soul.
While there are times when a Christian will walk through seasons of sorrow, there can still be a foundation of joy – trust and persuasion that God hasn’t abandoned them and that somehow He will orchestrate this season so that He will be glorified!
We have already found 12 verses about joy for when life is hard
Here are 10 more Bible verses on joy for your war room
1. Do not sorrow, for the joy of the Lord is your strength. Nehemiah 8:10
2. Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13
3. Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
4. The LORD your God in your midst, the Mighty One, will save; He will rejoice over you with gladness, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing. Zephaniah 3:17
5. Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Philippians 4:4
6. Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly in prayer; Romans 12:12
7. Though the fig tree may not blossom, nor fruit be on the vines; though the labor of the olive may fail, and the fields yield no food; though the flock may be cut off from the fold, and there be no herd in the stalls— Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation. Habakkuk 3:17-18
8. You will show me the path of life; in Your presence is fullness of joy; at Your right hand are pleasures forevermore. Psalm 16:11
9. I will greatly rejoice in the Lord, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels. Isaiah 61:10
10. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong. 2 Corinthians 12:10
You can get these verses on printable cards to cut out and carry with you or hang on your war room wall. Simply type in your email below and you will receive an email with a link to download these verses and other amazing war room resources!
- Rosilind, a Pacific Northwest native, is a missionary living in Croatia and married to her hero. Together they live in the country with their 2 active boys where she enjoys fruity candles and a hot cup of herbal tea on a blustery fall evening. She holds an Associates of Practical Theology and is passionate about discipling and encouraging women. Her passion for writing led her to author a number of books. She is the author of A Little R & R where she encourages women to find contentment in what God created them to be. She can also be found at these other places on a regular basis. You can follow her on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Google +.
- Christian Living2018.07.183 Ways to Respond When You’re Under Attack
- Christian Living2018.07.163 Reasons Why You Should Read the Bible Every Day
- War Room Resources2018.07.118 War Room Verses For When You Don’t Feel Good Enough
- Christian Living2018.07.046 Fundamental Things Christians Should Treasure