Next to Ephesians, Philippians is one of my most favorite books of the Bible!
It offers so much encouragement, challenging us to walk in joy and humility and reminding us to keep our minds centered on good things, not negativity and drama.
And goodness knows there is a lot of drama in the world right now.
The inauguration of a new president
The protests, riots, and women’s march on Washington
Political rants, terrorism, and racial divides
How can we face all of these issues, plus our own personal difficulties with family, our job, finances, and just the everyday grind with joy?
How could Paul talk about joy when he had been through prison, beatings, hunger, and intense persecution?
Because he had trained his thinking to always default back to the future.
Because he continually reminded himself that this world is not our home and our troubles here are only minor blips in comparison with an eternity of joy in heaven with Jesus Christ!
One of my goals is to memorize the entire book of Philippians, but until then, would you join me in learning these 10 verses?
Here are 10 verses from Philippians for your War Room
Being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ. Philippians 1:6
Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself. Philippians 2:3
Do all things without complaining and disputing, that you may become blameless and harmless, children of God without fault in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world. Philippians 2:14-15
That I may know Him and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death. Philippians 3:10
Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. Philippians 3:13-14
For our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly wait for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ. Philippians 3:20
Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Philippians 4:4
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7
Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things. Philippians 4:8
I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:12-13
Download these printable verses for your war room!
Once you type in your email address below, you’ll get an email with a link to where you can download these verses from Philippians and a collection of other printables offered here at A Little R & R.
- Rosilind, a Pacific Northwest native, is a missionary living in Croatia and married to her hero. Together they live in the country with their 2 active boys where she enjoys fruity candles and a hot cup of herbal tea on a blustery fall evening. She holds an Associates of Practical Theology and is passionate about discipling and encouraging women. Her passion for writing led her to author a number of books. She is the author of A Little R & R where she encourages women to find contentment in what God created them to be. She can also be found at these other places on a regular basis. You can follow her on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Google +.
- Christian Living2018.07.183 Ways to Respond When You’re Under Attack
- Christian Living2018.07.163 Reasons Why You Should Read the Bible Every Day
- War Room Resources2018.07.118 War Room Verses For When You Don’t Feel Good Enough
- Christian Living2018.07.046 Fundamental Things Christians Should Treasure