Do you ever feel like life is a runaway train and you’re just flailing and flapping in the wind behind it?
I feel this way quite often, especially when it comes to my home.
There are so many things I want to do; good things that I feel like I should do, but between the millions of dishes, dozen loads of laundry, school schedules, meal preps, ministry, and writing, my good intentions often do not materialize.
Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays.
I think it is amazing how just before we remember one of the two greatest events in all of history – Jesus’ advent, we first prepare our heart by giving thanks.
We take time to look back and remember all of the good things the Lord has done for us.
Truly, this should be a lifestyle, not just an activity we do in November – taking time to daily offer up prayers of praise and gratitude to God for everything He has done.
For the provision He has given.
For the victories He has won in our lives.
Even for the way He has taken life’s tests and trials and turned them into testimonies and triumphs!
And what I’ve learned is that when I take the initiative to cultivate a life of gratitude; when I train my tongue to turn negativity into praise and criticism into thanksgiving, my family seems to naturally follow that example.
I do believe this is our role as keepers of our home.
To set a daily example with our own actions – to set the tone of the home, to allow our example to create an atmosphere of praise and honor to the Lord.
Here are 17 resources for a thankful home to help cultivate an atmosphere of thanksgiving and praise.
7 Ways to Cultivate Thankfulness In Your Home, A Work of Grace
5 Reasons Why You Want Gratitude As a Lifestyle, His Unmeasured Grace
Books and Bible Studies
Lord Calm my Anxious Heart, Linda Dillow
Journals and Printables
Quieting Your Heart Gratitude Journal, Time Warp Wife
Family Activities and Resources
Thanksgiving Conversation Starters, Arabah Joy
Family Thanksgiving Tree, Being Confident of This
How to Mold Thankful Hearts, Little House in the Cove
Free Thanksgiving Printables, Year Round Homeschooling
14 Thanksgiving Scriptures + Copywork Pages, The Fervent Mama
- Rosilind, a Pacific Northwest native, is a missionary living in Croatia and married to her hero. Together they live in the country with their 2 active boys where she enjoys fruity candles and a hot cup of herbal tea on a blustery fall evening. She holds an Associates of Practical Theology and is passionate about discipling and encouraging women. Her passion for writing led her to author a number of books. She is the author of A Little R & R where she encourages women to find contentment in what God created them to be. She can also be found at these other places on a regular basis. You can follow her on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Google +.
- Christian Living2018.07.163 Reasons Why You Should Read the Bible Every Day
- War Room Resources2018.07.118 War Room Verses For When You Don’t Feel Good Enough
- Christian Living2018.07.046 Fundamental Things Christians Should Treasure
- Quiet Times2018.07.024 Smart Quiet Time Tips For the Easily Distracted