I wont lie. Even though I am having the time of my life being with my parents and my American church family, I miss my husband.
I miss him like crazy.
Yes, the old adage is true: Absence makes the heart grow fonder.
July seems to be wedding month, and so I decided to choose marriage as our theme for the month of July.
I have a question for you, though.
Do you pray for your marriage? No, not your spouse…but your actual **marriage**. Do you?
Do you know that Satan has a strategy to destroy your marriage?
I know that sounds pessimistic, but to be really honest, we need to consider this fact because our decision to look at it square in the eyes could mean the life or death of our marriage.
Yes, Satan has a strategy to undermine and destroy your marriage.
But not just your marriage, but the entire institution of marriage.
He will use:
* Nagging wives
* Reverse chauvinism (meaning chauvinistic women against men)
* Pornography – yes, and porn for women disguised as romance novels
* Adultery….even in our hearts
* Misplaced priorities
* Distanced emotions
* Political agendas
* Hollywood portrayals
* Hooking up and shacking up
and all sorts of other tactics to undermine and devalue the institution and covenant of marriage.
Do you know why?
Because it is the very picture of the God’s relationship with the church.
That’s why God created marriage. So that we could visualize His covenant relationship with us.
And Satan hates that!
This month we will take 30 days to challenge our hearts, emotions, and entire view of marriage as we look at key scriptures that deal with marriage, leaving and cleaving, divorce, immorality, adultery, and each others’ roles in marriage.
This challenge is now available in my store here: 30 Day Prayer Challenge for Marriage
- Rosilind, a Pacific Northwest native, is a missionary living in Croatia and married to her hero. Together they live in the country with their 2 active boys where she enjoys fruity candles and a hot cup of herbal tea on a blustery fall evening. She holds an Associates of Practical Theology and is passionate about discipling and encouraging women. Her passion for writing led her to author a number of books. She is the author of A Little R & R where she encourages women to find contentment in what God created them to be. She can also be found at these other places on a regular basis. You can follow her on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Google +.