Do you know what I love about Christmas?
It’s a time of year when Jesus is worshiped. Oh, I know…a lot of people place emphasis on Santa and gifts….and food and creating a special atmosphere.
Yet, everywhere you go, you hear music about Jesus.
It’s the only time of year you’ll go into a grocery store and hear songs celebrating and worshiping Jesus Christ.
I love that!!
Christmas is one of two of the greatest holidays we celebrate. The other is Easter. On these two holidays rests our entire faith.
Without Jesus’ birth, death, burial and resurrection we’d be doomed to a life of guilt, condemnation, and hell. Think about it:
Before Peter took the gospel to the Gentiles, only Jews had a relationship with God. And even then, it was through a Priest. Even the Jews – God’s chosen people – didn’t have a personal relationship with God.
But the Gentiles?
The Gentiles were on the outside. But God’s decision to humble Himself and live in a human body for 33 years, and then die the death of a common criminal for the sole purpose of reconciling mankind to the Father opened the way for all of us to enjoy a personal relationship with God!
Thus Christmas without Easter has no purpose.
And Easter wouldn’t exist without Christmas!
And that is why for December I have chosen to make worship our 30 Day Prayer Challenge.
Worship and prayer are so intricately intertwined that they are essentially one; and I pray that during the month of December as our focus is continually directed upward by the nativity scenes, the music, the symbolism, and the whole reason we celebrate Christmas that our own prayer lives will deepen and become even richer.
Next month I will unveil a new format for our prayer challenges.
Oh yes, they will continue, but they will get a new look and will take on a whole new direction. I can’t wait to show you what I have planned.
In the meantime, here is a post I wrote two years ago as I reflected on the story of Jesus’ birth and on what Mary and must have felt as she prepared for Jesus’ birth.
- Rosilind, a Pacific Northwest native, is a missionary living in Croatia and married to her hero. Together they live in the country with their 2 active boys where she enjoys fruity candles and a hot cup of herbal tea on a blustery fall evening. She holds an Associates of Practical Theology and is passionate about discipling and encouraging women. Her passion for writing led her to author a number of books. She is the author of A Little R & R where she encourages women to find contentment in what God created them to be. She can also be found at these other places on a regular basis. You can follow her on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Google +.
- Christian Living2018.07.183 Ways to Respond When You’re Under Attack
- Christian Living2018.07.163 Reasons Why You Should Read the Bible Every Day
- War Room Resources2018.07.118 War Room Verses For When You Don’t Feel Good Enough
- Christian Living2018.07.046 Fundamental Things Christians Should Treasure