Do you get annoyed with the cliche thanksgiving posts on social media?
I don’t know if you’re like me, but I do fight a niggling sense of cynicism when I see those people who’ve complained all year long suddenly posting their daily thanksgiving posts in November.
I have tried so hard to fight against that negativity that teases the edges of my mind, because I feel like I need to give grace.
And yet, I know that a truly thankful heart is a heart ready to mature.
I love Thanksgiving.
I’ll admit that I am a stickler for keeping Thanksgiving in November and Christmas in December, because I love the fact that we prepare our hearts for Christ’s advent by first cultivating it with giving thanks.
Every year I do a Thanksgiving challenge on Facebook where I daily give thanks for the little things — and sometimes the big.
Every year its the same though: my husband, my children, my home, my parents….
This year I want to get radical with my thanks!
I have sat down and listed 5 unusual and challenging prayers that I want to thank God for that will help me dig down deep and find that deeper area of gratitude in a way I’ve never felt.
- My salvation – Have I really stopped lately to remember what God saved me from?
- My trials – Can I really count it all joy?
- My pain – Do I really thank God even for the painful seasons of life and the lessons they teach?
- Me – Can I look in the mirror and truly thank God that He created me the way I am?
- Answered Prayers – Am I fully aware of all of the ways God is answering my prayers – even the ones I haven’t intentionally prayed?
These 5 prayers really caused me to look at my life in a whole new way. 2017 has been a year of trials and pain…and a lot of loss.
And yet, I knew that I needed to give God thanks…even for that, because He has wants to use even the painful times for His glory.
Hi, my name is Rosilind.
I am going on a 5-day journey this November to cultivating a more thankful heart; and I want to take you with me.
It’s easy to thank God for the good things we have.
Our children, our husbands, our beautiful homes and our great careers. It’s a lot harder to truly feel thankful for our trials, our losses, our pain, and the parts about ourselves that we really don’t like.
The parts of us we wish were invisible or that we could change — but can’t.
But a key part of spiritual maturity is learning to give thanks in all things.
In everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. 1 Thessalonians 5:18
November 13-17, we will take 5 days and dig down deep into these prayers.
We will examine what Scripture has to say about each one and then pray together, giving thanks for these more challenging gifts that God has given us.
Here’s how you can join me on this 5-day journey.
By purchasing this 5 Prayers for a Thankful Heart you will you get the following:
1. Lifetime access to my 5-part video series 5 Prayers for a Thankful Heart
2. Daily worksheets to help you work through these 5 prayers
3. Access to a private Facebook group designed for this study.
4. My 30 Day Prayer Challenge for Thanksgiving to use throughout the month of November
I hope you’ll join me on this 5-day journey to cultivating a heart of deeper and more mature thanks…for everything. This is God’s will.
- Rosilind, a Pacific Northwest native, is a missionary living in Croatia and married to her hero. Together they live in the country with their 2 active boys where she enjoys fruity candles and a hot cup of herbal tea on a blustery fall evening. She holds an Associates of Practical Theology and is passionate about discipling and encouraging women. Her passion for writing led her to author a number of books. She is the author of A Little R & R where she encourages women to find contentment in what God created them to be. She can also be found at these other places on a regular basis. You can follow her on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Google +.
- Christian Living2018.07.163 Reasons Why You Should Read the Bible Every Day
- War Room Resources2018.07.118 War Room Verses For When You Don’t Feel Good Enough
- Christian Living2018.07.046 Fundamental Things Christians Should Treasure
- Quiet Times2018.07.024 Smart Quiet Time Tips For the Easily Distracted