One of the most common problems women face today with maintaining a consistent quiet time is time.
Most women find that they are extremely busy and find it difficult to make time for personal devotion, and yet personal time with the Lord is vital to Christian growth and maturity.
5 Quiet Time Tips for Busy Moms
1. Prepare ahead of time.
If your best time for quiet time is in the morning, lay everything out the night before so that you maximize the time you have.
Create a quiet time box or bag where you have everything you need: your Bible, a notebook, devotional, journal, pens, post-it notes, a highlighter. This way everything is already in one place, handy and ready to use.
2. Take it with you.
Make a quiet time tote and take it with you to your cart and have your quiet time on lunch breaks or during your kids’ sports practices and music lessons. You can even have your quiet time while your kids play in the park.
3. Break it up.
Maybe you genuinely do not have a one-hour chunk in your day. Break it up into smaller chunks throughout the day. Here are some practical ways to do that.
Use Timers – Set your phone to remind you throughout the day to take time to pray.
Leave Your Bible Open – Designate a spot on your counter or desk to leave your Bible open to where you are currently reading so that throughout the day you can read and reflect on God’s Word.
Write Out Scripture – Use index cards and write out 2-3 verses to take with you in your pocket or purse and read them throughout the day.
While I believe we should have at least one time in our day when we have undistracted time with God, you can use other times throughout the day to multi-task your quiet time. While doing housework or driving, you can:
- Listen to the Bible on YouVersion
- Listen to Podcasts – I included a list of podcasts in this post.
- Pray over your house – Here are some prayers you can pray over your house.
5. Become Accountable.
Join a group of women online or at your church and keep each other accountable to your quiet times. I recommend Good Morning Girls as a great accountability program. We are reading through the Bible one chapter a day. There are small Facebook groups that you can join where you will find encouragement and accountability for your quiet time.
Set a time or several times each day and commit to consistency with the Lord and I believe that you will be amazed at the difference it will make in your heart and in your day!
Download My Quiet Time Journal today, and take your quiet time to a new level!
Quiet Time for Busy Women Podcast Episode
NKJV, New Spirit-Filled Life Bible, Hardcover: Kingdom Equipping Through the Power of the WordPost-it Super Sticky Notes, 4 in x 4 in, Rio de Janeiro Collection, Lined, 6 Pads/Pack (675-6SSUC)Accu-Gel Bible Highlighter Study Kit (Pack of 6)Psalm 46:10 Be Still And Know That I Am God Tote Bag Christian Bible Cover Verse Church Office School Travel Gym Book Organizer – Pink BlackDebra Dale Designs – Ruled Hole Punched Ringed Index Cards with 6 Metal Binder Rings – 3 x 5 Inches – White – 300 Cards – 3 Packages of 100 – Premium Extra Heavy 140# Index Card Stock
- Rosilind, a Pacific Northwest native, is a missionary living in Croatia and married to her hero. Together they live in the country with their 2 active boys where she enjoys fruity candles and a hot cup of herbal tea on a blustery fall evening. She holds an Associates of Practical Theology and is passionate about discipling and encouraging women. Her passion for writing led her to author a number of books. She is the author of A Little R & R where she encourages women to find contentment in what God created them to be. She can also be found at these other places on a regular basis. You can follow her on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Google +.
- Christian Living2018.07.183 Ways to Respond When You’re Under Attack
- Christian Living2018.07.163 Reasons Why You Should Read the Bible Every Day
- War Room Resources2018.07.118 War Room Verses For When You Don’t Feel Good Enough
- Christian Living2018.07.046 Fundamental Things Christians Should Treasure