It is such a significant act of love.
Choosing to embrace a child into your home and heart. You are literally saying to that child, “I love you so much that I choose you. That is how much you matter!”
We see the concept of adoption in scripture, in Ephesians 1 when Paul said,
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love, having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will ,to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He made us accepted in the Beloved. Ephesians 1:3-6
This is one of my most favorite passages in scripture because it clearly shows us what God thinks of us. He chose us. He adopted us. He accepted us.
Even when we maybe wouldn’t choose us, He chose us. When we don’t accept ourselves, He accepts us? Why? Because He loves us!
My friend recently adopted a little boy from China.
Such a precious boy.
He is chosen. He is adopted. He is loved and accepted.
Angela began blogging through their adoption journey even before the announced their decision to adopt. It was a huge step of faith because the process is long and grueling, not to mention expensive.
Soon after they announced their adoption journey, she began writing a book in hopes of raising enough funds to cover their adoption expenses, but the Lord miraculously provided for them.
But the book would still be published to share with readers all over the world that storms, trials, hardships and adversity come our way to grow and solidify our faith!
On Monday I published my review of her book “I Like Storms – 22 Stories of Faith“, so please pop over and take a look…and purchase your own copy today!
- Rosilind, a Pacific Northwest native, is a missionary living in Croatia and married to her hero. Together they live in the country with their 2 active boys where she enjoys fruity candles and a hot cup of herbal tea on a blustery fall evening. She holds an Associates of Practical Theology and is passionate about discipling and encouraging women. Her passion for writing led her to author a number of books. She is the author of A Little R & R where she encourages women to find contentment in what God created them to be. She can also be found at these other places on a regular basis. You can follow her on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Google +.
- Christian Living2018.07.163 Reasons Why You Should Read the Bible Every Day
- War Room Resources2018.07.118 War Room Verses For When You Don’t Feel Good Enough
- Christian Living2018.07.046 Fundamental Things Christians Should Treasure
- Quiet Times2018.07.024 Smart Quiet Time Tips For the Easily Distracted