When our hearts are broken and we find ourselves in an unhealthy balance of grieving:
Either becoming overwhelmed by deep sorrow or finding ways to escape the raw emotions that threaten to overtake us….
we need to find true and lasting comfort.
There is only place where we can find true comfort for our broken hearts.
There are 10 Bible verses that I’ve found that have helped me grieve loss in my life. I hope you find these verses just as comforting for you.
10 Bible Verses for When You Are Grieving
Revelation 21:4 – And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away.
Psalm 34:18 – The LORD is near to those who have a broken heart, And saves such as have a contrite spirit.
Psalm 147:3 – He heals the brokenhearted And binds up their wounds.
Isaiah 53:4 – Surely He has borne our griefs And carried our sorrows; Yet we esteemed Him stricken, Smitten by God, and afflicted.
2 Corinthians 1:3-4 – Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.
Psalm 23:4 – Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; For You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
Isaiah 41:10 – Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.
Psalm 18:28 – For You will light my lamp; The LORD my God will enlighten my darkness.
Psalm 119:50 – This is my comfort in my affliction, For Your word has given me life.
Romans 8:18 – For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
Get the 30 Day Prayer Challenge for Comfort today right in your email!
- Rosilind, a Pacific Northwest native, is a missionary living in Croatia and married to her hero. Together they live in the country with their 2 active boys where she enjoys fruity candles and a hot cup of herbal tea on a blustery fall evening. She holds an Associates of Practical Theology and is passionate about discipling and encouraging women. Her passion for writing led her to author a number of books. She is the author of A Little R & R where she encourages women to find contentment in what God created them to be. She can also be found at these other places on a regular basis. You can follow her on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Google +.
- Christian Living2018.07.163 Reasons Why You Should Read the Bible Every Day
- War Room Resources2018.07.118 War Room Verses For When You Don’t Feel Good Enough
- Christian Living2018.07.046 Fundamental Things Christians Should Treasure
- Quiet Times2018.07.024 Smart Quiet Time Tips For the Easily Distracted