The book of Ephesians is rich with verses that describe our relationship with Christ and how that plays out in our interpersonal relationships.
Paul starts by describing how Christ’s sacrifice reconciled us to the Father and how that lays the foundation for our new identity in Him.
He goes on to describe the power of grace in our lives and it’s work in and through us as we understand and walk in that new identity. Then he moves forward to illustrate for us as we walk in our new identity, and the grace that is allowed to flow freely through us, how we relate to those around us: in our church, in our family, and in our workplace.
Today I’d like to introduce you once more to my dad. He has recently written a book called “Charis – The Power of Grace”, and in our Facebook group Daily Christian Living we are reading and studying that book….starting today!
In his book, he describes what he calls “The Ephesians Experience”, which I felt was so important for everyone to read and learn.
I pray that this will be life changing for you as you take on this challenge to begin the Ephesians Experience in your own life!
Now…..I give you my dad:
One of the great ways to anchor your heart and life in your true identity is what I like to call The Ephesians Experience. It is an in-depth, one-on-one experience with the book of Ephesians where you discover all the passages that specifically talk about your identity in Jesus Christ. The Ephesians Experience has four steps and will take twenty-four days.
Step one: The experience begins with reading one chapter in the book of Ephesians each day. That will take six days.
Step two: Read a chapter a day and circle each verse that has the words “in Christ”, “in Him”, “of Him”, “of Christ”, “in the Lord”, “of the Lord”, “with Him”, “with Christ”. This will take six more days.
Step three: Read a chapter each day write in a spiral book or a journal each of the verses that have been circled. Title each page the chapter number and write the verse number and passage under that title. This will take six more days.
Step four: Each day stand in front of a mirror with the journal or spiral book and read the verses from a chapter out loud saying, “(your name) you are a born again child of God and new creation and this is who you are…” read the verses.
After twenty-four days of experiencing Ephesians, you will have a firm grip on your true identity and renounce and reject the image of the old man that has been your identity all of your life. That is the joy of charis!
F. Dean Hackett has served in full time Christian ministry since October 1971. He has ministered through out the United States, Canada and Eastern Europe, serving as an evangelist, pastor, and conference speaker. He has planted four churches and assisted in the planting of many others and is known for training many workers who are presently in full time ministry as pastors and missionaries. He holds a Masters degree in Ministry, a Masters of Theology and a Ph.D. in theological studies. His enthusiastic and challenging ministry has made him a popular teacher and conference speaker. He has written five books, Discovering Jesus, Uncovering the Jesus Life; The Joy of Becoming Like Jesus; The Joy of Becoming an Ambassador for Christ; Discovering True Identity; Mission Agape’. He began Spirit Life Ministries International in 2001 to facilitate and support outreach ministries in the USA, Croatia and other regions the world that open for ministry. He is the author of F Dean Hackett – Foundational. You can find him on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.
Read more about our identity in Christ here:
- Rosilind, a Pacific Northwest native, is a missionary living in Croatia and married to her hero. Together they live in the country with their 2 active boys where she enjoys fruity candles and a hot cup of herbal tea on a blustery fall evening. She holds an Associates of Practical Theology and is passionate about discipling and encouraging women. Her passion for writing led her to author a number of books. She is the author of A Little R & R where she encourages women to find contentment in what God created them to be. She can also be found at these other places on a regular basis. You can follow her on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Google +.
- Christian Living2018.07.183 Ways to Respond When You’re Under Attack
- Christian Living2018.07.163 Reasons Why You Should Read the Bible Every Day
- War Room Resources2018.07.118 War Room Verses For When You Don’t Feel Good Enough
- Christian Living2018.07.046 Fundamental Things Christians Should Treasure