One thing I want to do in 2017 is include my children in my Bible study.
Not just do family devotions, but teach them the value of Bible study so that they grow up with a sense of the importance of studying God’s Word and prayer.
I’ve come to realize that my children learn more through mentorship than they do through teaching or example.
Yes, we need to teach them the important principles from God’s Word and we need to show them through our own life that these things are important. But more than that, we should grab their hands and do it with them.
Live the Christian life with them.
Last year I began offering 30 Day Prayer Challenges. You can find the entire 2016 pack here.
This year, rather than offering the 30 Day Prayer Challenges in themes, I will be offering them through Books of the Bible so that we literally prayer through entire books of the Bible.
If you haven’t been receiving them yet, below I’ll tell you how you can start getting them in your inbox each month.
One thing I’ve been wanting to do for a while is provide a kids companion volume to the 30 Day Prayer Challenges.
Each month I’ll make a Kids companion volume for you to download and use with your children.
In this journal, your children will write out the verse for the week on three separate days. They will also have pages to write out prayer requests, names of unsaved friends, answers to prayer, and why they love Jesus.
This is a great way for your children to practice handwriting but with a spiritual purpose!
And as with the 30 Day Prayer Challenges, this journal will be available free for the month of January, after which it will be in the store for only $1.99
To download both the 30 Day Prayer Challenge through the Book of Ephesians and the companion Ephesians for kids, visit this page.
- Rosilind, a Pacific Northwest native, is a missionary living in Croatia and married to her hero. Together they live in the country with their 2 active boys where she enjoys fruity candles and a hot cup of herbal tea on a blustery fall evening. She holds an Associates of Practical Theology and is passionate about discipling and encouraging women. Her passion for writing led her to author a number of books. She is the author of A Little R & R where she encourages women to find contentment in what God created them to be. She can also be found at these other places on a regular basis. You can follow her on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Google +.
- Christian Living2018.07.183 Ways to Respond When You’re Under Attack
- Christian Living2018.07.163 Reasons Why You Should Read the Bible Every Day
- War Room Resources2018.07.118 War Room Verses For When You Don’t Feel Good Enough
- Christian Living2018.07.046 Fundamental Things Christians Should Treasure