No words can adequately describe the feeling I have as I look back on the past 2 years of leading Good Morning Girls – Croatia, Bosnia and Serbia.
Miracle after miracle has given by God until I am more convinced than ever before that literally nothing is beyond His power to reach this region formerly known as Yugoslavia.
Like the Spanish group, our first study began in the summer of 2012 with Courtney’s book “A Proverbs 31 Woman – Virtue by Virtue”. Who starts a Bible Study in the summer when people are typically on vacation?
We do, apparently and it was wildly successful. The small group of 12 ladies from my congregation in Croatia were engaged and excited about every single chapter. Some have gone back and re-read the book because it so deeply impacted their life. They wanted to keep going, so we signed up for another session and kept signing up for each study. Each study meant so much to these ladies in their formative years of the Christian faith.
A year later, after wrestling over whether to break during the summer book study, the Lord impressed on me to keep going. So I did, even though in my heart I thought, “It’s summer time. Who is going to want to do a study while on vacation?”
That’s when our small group of a dozen ladies exploded to over 100 and beyond the borders of Croatia into Bosnia and Serbia.
Over the past year, I have met with and emailed many of the women in our groups and this is what they’ve said to me:
“Good Morning Girls is the first study of its kind to come to this region.”
“I live in a region where there is no church close by for me to attend on a regular basis. Good Morning Girls has given me the encouragement and fellowship I need to stay strong in the Lord.”
“Please, please, please never stop leading these studies!”
And this from one of our leaders: “Good Morning Girls has been a blessing to me since the day I joined a year ago. It opened the door to meet new sisters in the Lord who have been a great encouragement to me. Regular study with the SOAP method has brought me back to a new, healthy way of studying God’s Word, which I love with all my heart. Good Morning Girls has become such an integral part of my life that I no longer spend a lot of time on my Facebook wall. I spend most of my time on Facebook in my group, sharing together with the ladies and praying with them. My faith is stronger, my time with the Lord fuller and life with my family calmer. I am thankful to God for this way of fellowship and study of the Bible.”
Two years ago, I was desperately crying out to God for an avenue to minister. Like Edurne, most of my time is spent at home with my children and I honestly didn’t see that I had any value as a missionary. God opened the door for me to reach into regions where I will likely never be able to go and offer them them the fellowship and encouragement they are desperate for.
We now have six leaders, a full team of translators, a full team for graphics, and 115 women from Croatia, Bosnia and Serbia studying the Word together. We have started a blog where we translate the blog posts from the studies and a Facebook page with almost 200 likes.
It started out as a simple act of obedience from Courtney and Angela to start a study online. A study that has spread like wildfire around the globe.
It started out as simple act of faith to encourage the women in my small congregation, that in a year’s time would envelop an entire region.
Miracle upon miracle.
There is no greater joy nor anything more satisfying than seeing women’s lives turned upside down for Jesus Christ.
That is the greatest miracle of all!
- Rosilind, a Pacific Northwest native, is a missionary living in Croatia and married to her hero. Together they live in the country with their 2 active boys where she enjoys fruity candles and a hot cup of herbal tea on a blustery fall evening. She holds an Associates of Practical Theology and is passionate about discipling and encouraging women. Her passion for writing led her to author a number of books. She is the author of A Little R & R where she encourages women to find contentment in what God created them to be. She can also be found at these other places on a regular basis. You can follow her on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Google +.
- Christian Living2018.07.183 Ways to Respond When You’re Under Attack
- Christian Living2018.07.163 Reasons Why You Should Read the Bible Every Day
- War Room Resources2018.07.118 War Room Verses For When You Don’t Feel Good Enough
- Christian Living2018.07.046 Fundamental Things Christians Should Treasure