In March of 2016, after seeing the movie War Room, I looked around my house trying to find even a small corner that I could call my war room.
After coming up empty handed, I came up with a great idea!
I would make my war room a journal.
Not only was creating a war room journal more practical for me, I could take with me anywhere, I could let it grow with me as I grew in my prayer life.
It wasn’t long before I realized that many other people were creating war room journals as well.
Some of them elaborate.
Some of them simple, like mine.
I love the idea of a war room journal, because it’s a great place to write out our prayers.
Writing out our prayers is a great form of prayer, because it forces us to slow down and really think about our prayers as we’re writing.
With Thanksgiving only a few weeks away, here are 20 Thanksgiving journal prompts for your war room.
1. A prayer of thanksgiving for something you’ve been blessed by lately.
2. A prayer of thanksgiving for your church.
3. Write out your favorite verse, and then use that verse to write out a prayer.
4. A prayer about something you feel is lacking in your spiritual life, and thank God that He is completing a good work in you.
5. A prayer of thanks for who God is – use a specific name of God.
6. A prayer of thanksgiving and blessing for your neighbors.
7. A prayer of confession, and then thankfulness for God’s forgiveness.
8. A list of worries, and then thankfulness that we can cast all our cares on Him.
9. A prayer of thanksgiving for your spouse.
10. A prayer of thanksgiving for someone in your life.
11. A prayer for your needs, and then thanksgiving for God’s provision.
12. A prayer of thanksgiving for a missionary.
13. A prayer of blessing for someone with whom you do not get along.
14. A prayer about a spiritual battle you are having, and then thanksgiving that God has won the battle.
15. A prayer of thanksgiving for your favorite memory.
16. A prayer of thanksgiving to God for all you have.
17. Your Bible character, and a prayer of thanksgiving for how they have helped to influence your life.
18. A prayer of thanksgiving for your governmental leaders.
19. A prayer of thanksgiving for something in your life you cannot change.
20. Your favorite worship song.
Check out these printable Thanksgiving War Room Journal prompts by clicking the image below:
Check out my other resources for Thanksgiving!
- Rosilind, a Pacific Northwest native, is a missionary living in Croatia and married to her hero. Together they live in the country with their 2 active boys where she enjoys fruity candles and a hot cup of herbal tea on a blustery fall evening. She holds an Associates of Practical Theology and is passionate about discipling and encouraging women. Her passion for writing led her to author a number of books. She is the author of A Little R & R where she encourages women to find contentment in what God created them to be. She can also be found at these other places on a regular basis. You can follow her on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Google +.
- Christian Living2018.07.183 Ways to Respond When You’re Under Attack
- Christian Living2018.07.163 Reasons Why You Should Read the Bible Every Day
- War Room Resources2018.07.118 War Room Verses For When You Don’t Feel Good Enough
- Christian Living2018.07.046 Fundamental Things Christians Should Treasure