Have you ever grabbed your Bible and prayer notebook, sat down, and suddenly felt you weren’t good enough to pray?
Maybe it’s been a while since you’ve really prayed or read your Bible.
A good long while.
Maybe just yesterday you blew it and did something you know offended God, and now you feel totally unworthy to talk to Him.
Maybe you ran into someone at church who has been walking with God for a long time, and you look at yourself, compared to her, and you just don’t feel like you measure up.
This week in our Good Morning Girls’ study through Psalms 1-50, we read this passage:
Who may ascend to the hill of the Lord? Or who may stand in His holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who has not lifted up his soul to an idol, nor sworn deceitfully.”
We read that and think, “Yep, I knew it. I’m not good enough to enter God’s presence because I have broken so many of God’s laws!”
Can I tell you a secret?
So have I.
So have all of us!
James 2:10 says that if you break even one of God’s laws, you’re guilty of them all, because they’re not individual laws, they are one law.
You’re guilty of breaking the whole law.
And that could be so discouraging – because literally no one on planet earth has any hope of ever being good enough to enter God’s presence.
None of us has clean hands.
The concept of “clean hands” is a legal term meaning that you stand before the court completely innocent. There is no wrongdoing that the court can accuse you of.
No matter how good we are, we will never be that good.
None of us has a clean heart.
Jeremiah 17:9 says, “The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked; who can know it?”
But there is hope.
No, we will never be good enough to enter God’s presence, but the blood of Jesus makes us good enough. His blood cleanses our hands and our heart so that when we enter the hill of God and stand in His holy place, we are totally pure.
We are justified: made just as if we’ve never sinned.
That’s what the blood of Jesus does for us!
So when you don’t feel good enough, begin meditating on the 8 war room verses below to remind yourself that the blood of Jesus makes you good enough!
8 War Room Verses For When You Don’t Feel Good Enough
1. “Can a woman forget her nursing child, and not have compassion on the son of her womb? Surely they may forget, yet I will not forget you See, I have inscribed you on the palms of My hands;” – Isaiah 49:15-16
2. “Being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ.” Philippians 1:6
3. “For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.” Romans 8:38-39
4. “Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love, having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will, to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He made us accepted in the Beloved.” Ephesians 1:3-6
5. “The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, then heirs—heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him, that we may also be glorified together.” Romans 8:16-17
6. “For I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more.” Jeremiah 31:34
7. “There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.” Romans 8:1
8. “Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?” Matthew 6:26
- Rosilind, a Pacific Northwest native, is a missionary living in Croatia and married to her hero. Together they live in the country with their 2 active boys where she enjoys fruity candles and a hot cup of herbal tea on a blustery fall evening. She holds an Associates of Practical Theology and is passionate about discipling and encouraging women. Her passion for writing led her to author a number of books. She is the author of A Little R & R where she encourages women to find contentment in what God created them to be. She can also be found at these other places on a regular basis. You can follow her on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Google +.
- Christian Living2018.07.163 Reasons Why You Should Read the Bible Every Day
- War Room Resources2018.07.118 War Room Verses For When You Don’t Feel Good Enough
- Christian Living2018.07.046 Fundamental Things Christians Should Treasure
- Quiet Times2018.07.024 Smart Quiet Time Tips For the Easily Distracted